I’ve lived in Boston since August 2010. I decided to start a running list of why I love this city. Reasons will be added whenever I remember one and they are not listed in any order or preference, simply an order of remembrance.
Boston, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways…
1. I can order any cuisine of food at almost anytime and have it delivered. Craving halal lamb? No prob. Hmm…I want some sushi. Well hello fresh, raw fish. Pizza with my favorite toppings? Omg there are a million local options besides the Hut.
2. Walking places makes me stay slim and healthy. ‘Nuff said.
3. Faneuil Hall’s never-ending hallway of food. If you’ve been there, you know what I’m talkin about. When I’m short on time and money, I walk through and grab samples for lunch.
4. Random festivals appear in the streets when you think it’s a normal day of walking around and you end up getting random free things and seeing random free shows. Once my friend and I got Kaplan pencils and some sort of healthy energy drink created by MIT geniuses while wizards in stilts walked by.
6. Uncomplicated T system.
7. The Shaw’s at the Prudential Center. Yes, specifically that Shaw’s, but I’m biased because the sushi chefs and salmon guy are nice to me.
8. The Shaw’s at the Prudential Center’s SUSHI: Takin’ grocery store sushi to another level!
9. Emerson College. It was an awesome 2 years.
10. Being a writer does NOT equate to one being depressed goth chick.